CCTV CONTROL ROOM SUPERVISOR
Purpose of the Job
The position exists to ensure efficient, and effective monitoring and surveillance of the organisation’s CCTV Cameras from the ZINARA CCTV Control Centre and coordinates activities of CCTV Operators to ensure timely detection of unwanted employee behavior, suspicious transactions and other adverse events occurring at the monitored sites in line with the ZINARA Risk Management and Loss Control Mandate. The position reports to the Risk & Loss Control Officer (Security & Intelligence).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates daily operations at the CCTV Control Centre.
- Supervises the use of equipment, facilities, and operations at the CCTV Control Centre during shift and take appropriate action to maintain full and proper functioning of the same.
- Operates equipment/ take assistance from technical personnel to identify, isolate and retrieve/copy and store footages of interest
- Handles recorded media in accordance with organisational procedure
- Ensures adequate shift staffing levels at the CCTV Control Centre.
- Ensures the Control Centre facilities and environs are safe, clean, and well maintained in line with ZINARA policies.
- Maintains thorough records including, employee attendance register, assets register, incident logs, visitors book, maintenance book and any other designated records within CCTV Control Centre.
- Reports and refers all complicated issues and seeking appropriate guidance and appropriate course of action from the Security & Intelligence Officer.
- Records and reports all CCTV systems malfunctions and unusual circumstances in accordance with ZINARA Procedures and recommend corrective action to superiors.
- Prepares daily CCTV Operations reports and submit to superiors.
- Prepares clear and concise weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual operational reports.
- Supervises a team of CCTV Operators, who operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Manages standards of work and behavior using appropriate ZINARA policies and procedures.
- Determines staff deployment and organizes staff cover due to absence and the reactive deployment of staff in relation to specific operational events.
- Identifies and implements changes to working practices which will enhance the CCTV Control Centre Operations and the service provided.
- Conducts performance reviews and appraisals for CCTV team members.
- Provides on the job training to CCTV Operators as required.
- Handles CCTV equipment (hardware/ software) in line with manufacturer’s instructions and organizational procedure
- Ensures all cameras are operational, serviced and able to undertake all functions
- Obtains clarifications and approval from designated superior before sharing data and information
- Communicates with superiors/ team members and other stakeholders
- Deals with the demands and expectations of the police at short notice
- Testifies in internal hearings and courts of law in matters involving CCTV evidence.
- Reports to the Risk and Loss Control Officer (Security & Intelligence).
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 O levels including English
- Relevant Diploma or Higher/Advanced Diploma in Security Risk Management/Computer Science/ Telecommunications /Information Systems or equivalent
- A professional qualification or training in Electronic Security Systems or similar is a distinct advantage.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in similar or related position
- Demonstrable experience in corporate security/ intelligence or law enforcement environment.
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of national ID, academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 21 March 2022 at 4:30pm to:
The Director Administration and Human Resources
Stand No 489 Runiville
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT
Candidates outside Harare can lodge their applications at the nearest Zinara Provincial Offices