Purpose of the Job
The Contract Specialist plays a critical role for the organization to direct and oversee contracts throughout their lifecycle, serving as the liaison between companies, employees, customers, vendors, and independent contractors. The Contract Specialist serves as the main facilitator for negotiations, recommendations, record keeping, monitoring, change management, claims administration/management and variations to contracts throughout the lifecycle and ensures ZINARA is compliant to all statutory requirements. The job requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the supervision of the Head of Procurement Management Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements contract management procedures and policies.
- Maintaining and updating contractual records and contractual correspondences.
- Implements the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chapter 22:23) in respect of Contract Administration.
- Advises on contracts management functions for all the major projects to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
- Negotiates, drafts, and administrates contracts towards increasing revenue for the company.
- Initiates, manages and defends claims arising from contracts and on projects undertaken by the organisation.
- Ensures full legislative & regulatory compliance of company contracts to avoid cost escalations and penalties due to non-compliance.
- Briefs and evaluates performance of suppliers, contractors and service providers.
- Creates and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers
- Monitors contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension, or renewal of contracts
- Communicates and presents information to stakeholders regarding contracts.
- Prepares periodic procurement reports and statistics for onwards submission to PRAZ.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
JOB SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail, talent for accuracy and precision
- Deep understanding of procurements contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 Ordinary levels including Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management /Procurement/Level 6 Professional Graduate qualification in procurement & supply (CIPS)/ Law OR equivalent.
- Full member with Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain Management) MCIPS is a must.
- 5 years’ experience in procurement field and 2 years’ experience in Contract Management or project management in similar environment is a must.
- Knowledge of ERP such as SAP is a requirement.
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of national ID, academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 21 March 2022 at 4:30pm to:
The Director Administration and Human Resources
Stand No 489 Runiville
Or email email@example.com
CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT
Candidates outside Harare can lodge their applications at the nearest Zinara Provincial Offices