Director Revenue Operations
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the purpose of this role is to plan, organise, direct, and coordinate all Tolling, Vehicle Licensing, Transit fees, Fuel Levies, Abnormal and Overload fees falling under the banner of the Revenue Operations Department. The successful incumbent will be a part of the ZINARA executive team with the mandate to administer road user charges for maximum revenue collection through a team of highly dedicated, motivated, and professional Revenue Collectors. The incumbent will ensure that the motoring public complies with all ZINARA statutes by monitoring the implementation of effective and efficient revenue collection systems for operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Define the scope of the Revenue Operations Department in relation to all revenue streams to ensure adherence to professional standards and work ethic.
Develop a framework to be used to enhance revenue collections within the Department and develop flow charts on Departmental core activities to ensure accountability and responsibility by Tolling, Vehicle Licensing and Ancillary Revenues personnel.
Formulate policies and strategies for revenue maximization in relation to Tolling, Vehicle Licensing, Road User Charges, Abnormal Loads, Overload Fees and Transit and Fuel Levies
Model a customer centric culture by monitoring staff performance to set standards including speed of service, transacting time per payment method, systems uptime, queuing time, congestion management, presentability and etiquette.
- Establish standard operating procedures and process flows for all revenue collections, reconciliations, banking, and revenue assurance
- Maintain Tolling and Vehicle Licensing sites Aesthetics, Safety, Health, Environment
- Manage and Coordinate stakeholders for information dissemination and feedback purposes through effective upwards, downwards, and lateral communications for win-win outcomes
- Manage System Vendors to ensure system uptime and availability
- Keep abreast of developments in system changes, operations management and keep pace with technological advancements
- Design robust cash reconciliation, accounting, and banking systems for all revenue lines
- Create strategies to manage revenue leakages and stock management and implement initiatives to reduce costs.
- Roll out a customer centric culture across all operations
- Understand and comply with the regulatory framework in relation to road user charges in Zimbabwe.
- Formulate and monitor the Revenue Operations Budget
- Initiate and implement strategies to motivate staff in the Department
- Analyze and consolidate revenue collection and monitoring reports from ICT,
- Work closely with Human Resources to establish a trusting, inclusive and productive working environment
- and Quality Standards.
Qualifications and Experience
1. First Degree in a Commercial field
2. Master’s Degree in Commerce or Finance, /Operations Management /Project management/ Banking/ Business Administration
3. Minimum of 10 years’ management experience in FMCG or Financial Services or Retail environment of which 5 years should have been at Director or Senior Management level
4. Clean class 4 driver’s license
5. Outstanding data analytics, people management, Business Analysis, and project management skills
6. Experience in managing a large agent network made up of big retail outlets, or banking operations with an extensive branch network. Experience in managing a Tolling Operation will be an added advantage.
7. Knowledge of business improvement methods
8. Experience with budgets and business plans development
9. Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity and efficiency
1. Be prepared to do regular countrywide Tolling and Vehicle Licensing Site visits where a major proportion of the incumbent’s time will be spent.
2. Be prepared to work during peak periods
including weekends and public holidays. The incumbent will be overseeing a 24 hour operation.
3. Excellent Leadership and organization skills
4. Superior knowledge of industry regulations and operational guidelines
5. In-depth knowledge of data analytics
6. Unquestionable integrity
How to Apply
Applications with three traceable referees including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30p.m. on 18 February 2022 to: –
Director Administration and Human Resources
Zimbabwe National Road Administration
489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent
In the alternative, candidates outside Harare can drop their applications at the nearest ZINARA provincial offices.