Purpose of the Job
The role of Head Procurement Management Unit exists to oversee the procurement of goods and services and proper contract Management. The incumbent will be responsible for developing strategies for cost-effective procurements and ensure ZINARA is compliant to all statutory requirements. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the cost-effective procurement of goods and services for the Administration in line with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Public Assets Disposal Act (Chapter 22:23)
- Manages day to day operations of ZINARA’s Procurement Management Unit (PMU)
- Leads in contract negotiations with contractors of goods and services.
- Advises the Accounting Officer on all procurement issues.
- Ensures adherence to best practice and good Corporate Governance by members of the Procurement Management Unit.
- Determines applicable procurement methods to be used when internal requests are received.
- Reviews tender documents in line with the Public Procurement and Public Assets Disposal Act and Procurement Regulations for sourcing of goods and services.
- Prepares evaluation reports recommending awards for tenders to best advantage.
- Carries out market environmental scanning and procurement research for guidance and adoption of the most economic options.
- Provides timeous expert advice to the CEO and Executive on all aspects of procurement
- Plans annual and periodic procurement activities.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
JOB SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Good report & writing skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Unquestionable integrity.
• Exceptional attention to detail, talent for accuracy and precision
• Deep understanding of procurement contracts, contract governance, contractual language, and the contract lifecycle
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 Ordinary levels including Mathematics and English
- Degree in Supply Chain Management OR Equivalent.
- A relevant Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration/Business Leadership.
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Supply
- Full member with Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain Management) MCIPS is a must.
- 10 years’ experience in procurement field and 5 years’ experience at Senior Management level in Public Procurement environment.
- Knowledge of ERP such as SAP is a requirement.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s license
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of national ID, academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 21 March 2022 at 4:30pm to:
The Director Administration and Human Resources
Stand No 489 Runiville
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT
Candidates outside Harare can lodge their applications at the nearest Zinara Provincial Offices