RISK AND LOSS CONTROL OFFICER: INVESTIGATIONS
Purpose of the Job
The position exists to lead in carrying out enterprise-wide investigative fact-findings into allegations of all types of crime/fraud and irregular business and employee conduct through a systematic, disciplined, and objective approach to investigation, remediation, dispute resolution and recovery of losses incurred by the organisation in line with the ZINARA Risk Management and Loss Control Charter. The position reports to the Risk and Loss Control Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises and assists the Risk & Loss Control Manager in designing effective fraud investigation and loss recoveries strategies.
- Defines, documents, and operationalizes all crime/fraud investigations processes.
- Receives reports of assigned cases and prepare case investigation work plans noting methodologies to be used and purpose for action.
- Conducts investigations on assigned cases of all allegations and all types of crimes/misconduct (including cases of fraud, theft, bribery, corruption, regulatory breaches and internal policy violations) committed within and against the organisation by both internal and external parties.
- Conducts forensic interviewing and other investigative research activities on suspects and witnesses as required by the matter at hand while documenting all work undertaken.
- Presents investigative facts, circumstances and conclusions in a concise, clear and logical manner in form of high-quality investigation reports.
- Identifies and assess system and internal control breakdowns/ weaknesses and fraud risks in the business environment.
- Proposes recommendations as appropriate to improve the internal control environment and improve client experience in the organisation.
- Maintains accurate and complete information of investigation work on the manual and or electronic case management system.
- Performs post-crime/fraud/ misconduct incident control reviews to identify root causes to avoid recurrence in future.
- Prepares case prosecution documentation, reporting and handing over investigated cases for criminal/civil prosecution and internal disciplinary action.
- Maximizes recoveries of losses caused by financial crime through both financial and asset tracing, recovery and / or liability shift.
- Determines due diligence risks through performing database searches and analysis of key individuals, business entities and associated entities/partners across multiple databases and present reports that clearly highlight potential risks.
- Engages with stakeholders and manages stakeholder expectations in terms of investigatory processes, case progress and updates.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 Ordinary Level passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Advanced level passes are an added advantage.
- Relevant Bachelor`s Degree in Forensics Investigations, Law, Risk management, Police and Security Studies or equivalent.
- Possession of an industry standard certification such as: CFE/ ACCA/ CIA/ CFA/ CAMS or equivalent.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Clean class 4 drivers’ license
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a security environment
How to Apply
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of national ID, academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 21 March 2022 at 4:30pm to:
The Director Administration and Human Resources
Stand No 489 Runiville
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT
Candidates outside Harare can lodge their applications at the nearest Zinara Provincial Offices