RISK AND LOSS CONTROL OFFICER: SECURITY & INTELLIGENCE (Bulawayo)
Purpose of the Job
This position exists to lead in the maintenance of a safe and secure environment for employees, clients and protection of all ZINARA assets from loss or damage through physical security, intelligence operations, electronic security monitoring and access control management as well as joint enforcement operations with law enforcement and other government security agencies in line with the ZINARA Risk Management and Loss Control function’s Mandate. The position reports to the Risk and Loss Control Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Risk & Loss Control Manager in the development and review of corporate security risk management policies, strategies, standards, and guidelines to ensure protection and preservation of all organisational assets and minimise the cost of assets insurance.
- Conducts periodic security surveys/assessments across the organisation to ensure that security processes and systems remain relevant and effective.
- Identifies security system and process weaknesses and failures and recommend immediate corrective action to senior management.
- Designs and communicates clear and simplified operating instructions to contracted security service companies, deployed police officers and review as necessary.
- Carries out random checks on deployed police and security guards both during the day and during the night to monitor alertness and to check compliance to stipulated deployment instructions and times to maximise security of assets.
- Works closely with other industry and government security players to curb leakages and stay up to date with emerging criminal intelligence and risk trends.
- Recommends appropriate intelligence gathering skills and methods for the risk function.
- Implements risk and intelligence driven operational strategies to minimise revenue leakages and recover lost revenue
- Implements measures to ensure that syndicate related crimes are identified through efficient and effective Intelligence.
- Directs all matters relating to CCTV monitoring and access control system at all ZINARA workstations across the country and at the CCTV Control Centre.
- Develops and enforces security systems, policies and procedures (SOPs) necessary for monitoring of CCTVs and management of access control system.
- Conducts and monitors employees’ appraisals, identifying performance discrepancy and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Provides input to the departmental budget formulation and ensure the efficient use of budgets.
- Designs and implements security training and awareness programs across the organisation.
- Participates in internal disciplinary and court procedures.
- Submits regular and ad-hoc security risk reports to senior management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 Ordinary Level passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Advanced level passes are an added advantage.
- Relevant Bachelor`s Degree in Security Risk Management/Policing/Intelligence or equivalent.
- Possession of an industry standard certification such as: CSMP/PSP/CPP/CPO/CFE/CIA/CIO or similar is a distinct advantage.
- Membership of a recognized and relevant professional body is an added advantage
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a security environment.
- Demonstrable experience in corporate security/ intelligence or law enforcement environment is preferred.
How to Apply
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 4:30pm on 19 February 2021 to:
Director Administration & Human Resources Zimbabwe National Road Administration 489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent,
Please note candidates out of Harare can lodge their CVs and applications at their nearest ZINARA Provincial Office.